Helping others is always in fashion. It's times like these that forces us to re-evaluate and re-prioritize the relationships, people and things that are important to us. It's incredible disasters like these that highlight our vulnerabilities while simultaneously showcasing our collective strength. Here's how you can help:
- Text "Haiti" to "90999" to contribute $10 to the American Red Cross
- Support Medicins Sans Frontieres/Doctors Without Borders
- Assist Wyclef Jean's efforts by contributing to Yele.
- Learn more about helping and donate to USAID.
- Donate to Fashion Delivers, an organization that marshalls the men's and women's fashion industries to donate clothing to victims of disasters.
- Bond No. 9 will donate 10% of proceeds from the sale of Scent of Peace to the American Red Cross.
- Timberland is redirecting their efforts in connection with a Wyclef Jean-designed line of Tees and Boots to helping the quake victims in Haiti.
Get Information about Family and Friends
- For Americans seeking information about family in Haiti, contact the State Department Operations Center by phone on 888-407-4747 or by e-mail.
- Upload pictures of missing loved ones on CNN's iReport.
- Locate family on the International Red Cross' Family News Network.